Hair Loss Test
Hair Loss TFT includes: FBC, Ferritin, Vitamin D.
A blood test to look into the reasons of hair loss and thinning hair. Tests for testosterone and SHBG, as well as thyroid and iron status, are included.
Why hair loss?
Women's hair loss isn't often as obvious as it is in most males. Hereditary male pattern baldness accounts for around 90% of all instances in men.
Hair loss in women, on the other hand, can be caused by a variety of situations and circumstances.
The diagnostic tests listed below should be used to assist determine the cause of hair loss. The fact is that these tests generally provide results that are within the normal range for many people, but they can at the very least rule out the potential of specific illnesses causing your hair loss.
It's vital to note that good hair loss diagnosis typically begins with an elimination procedure.
Hair Loss Tests Include:
- Hormone concentrations (DHEA, testosterone, androstenedione, prolactin, follicular stimulating hormone, and leutinizing hormone)
- Total iron binding capacity, serum iron, and serum ferritin (TIBC)
- Thyroid hormone levels (T3, T4, TSH)
- VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test) (a screening test for syphilis)
- A full blood count (CBC)
- Further tests may be performed by a specialist, including: Scalp biopsy and Densitometry